Are you thinking of building a home extension or renovating your home? As you may be aware, working with the wrong company can give rise to all sorts of problems. Here are some examples.
1) Poor planning. – Good planners and designers are hard to come by. When the builder doesn’t plan well, you will run into problems when the actual construction begins. For example, you may discover that an installation should be made later rather than earlier.
2) Poor execution. – For sure, poor planning will lead to poor execution. When things don’t go smoothly, work may be held back and valuable time will be wasted. Your projected timeline will have to be moved back again and again, and the entire experience is just frustrating for everyone.
Sometimes, poor execution also arises due to the presence of a weak team. A construction project involves many team members with different skills – carpenters, electricians, bricklayers, roofers, and so on. When a weak team works on a project that is bigger than what they can manage, the whole thing falls apart. This is due to a lack of professional skills.
3) Unapproved regulations. – This is usually due to ignorance, but it can also be deemed as unprofessional conduct. Professional home builders SA know their work well, and they know when they should be requesting for approvals. So all works that are required before the approval of the relevant authorities must be submitted in advance and approvals must be obtained before work commences.
The above are some common problems that homeowners face when working with builders. Choose the wrong builder, and there will be no end to problems. Here are some tips on how to choose the right builder.
1) Guarantee. – Professional building companies have no qualms about giving some form of guarantee to homeowners. Usually, the guarantee is for labor and materials for a certain number of years. This warranty gives the owner peace of mind. The onus is on the builder to come up with high-quality work. If there is shoddy work, the builder will have to honor the guarantee and come back to replace the materials free of charge. Therefore, the builder is more likely to ensure that all materials used are of high quality, and all building works are done correctly.
2) Portfolio. – Experienced home builders SA have samples in their portfolio. Check out past projects to see what they have done for previous customers. Study the photos carefully and you will be able to get a good idea of how well each project has been implemented.
3) A strong and professional team. – Finally, make sure that the team is familiar with all state and local laws and regulations. They must be able to guide you through with planning permissions.